Logia Devil Fruits allow a person to create, control, and transform into a natural element or force of nature, depending on the fruit. The user can transform partly, or completely.
Even though Crocodile had been beheaded, he is still alive due to the intangibility of his Logia devil fruit.
A Logia user can be shattered, split, or otherwise separated into multiple parts, sometimes down to the size of dust, and reform without injury. The only known exception to this aspect would be with Blackbeard, whose Yami Yami no Mi powers absorb strikes and make them stronger, making him suffer in greater pain than if he would have taken the hit physically. Another trait was displayed with this ability to recover from physical damage, seen when one half of Monet's body was able to act freely of the other when she was cut in half, displaying that parts of a cut Logia's body can even act in a fragmented state.
In addition to their ability to become their element, Logia users can generate limitless amounts of their element and control it giving them fearsome attack abilities. A prime example of this class' destructiveness is when Kuzan and Sakazuki clashed with each other at full force, their Logia powers permanently distorted the weather of Punk Hazard, turning one half into a frozen wasteland, and the other half into a blazing inferno, or when Ace and Blackbeard destroyed Banaro Island during their confrontation. However, certain elements, such as smoke and swamp, are more suitable for capturing enemies rather than causing raw destruction.
Other InformationLogia Devil Fruits are immensely powerful and one of the rarest types of Devil Fruit. The only type of Devil Fruit that are said to be rarer are the Mythical classes of Zoans.
These Devil Fruits are not limited to the classical elements: fire, water, earth, and air, but also include physical states like smoke and sand. There are two types of elements: tangible (something a person could hold and touch like sand or ice) and intangible (something that could not be held like smoke or fire). Logia Devil Fruits can also be divided into two other types, forms of matter (smoke, sand, ice, lava, swamp, gas or snow) and forms of energy (electricity, fire, or light). The only known Logia that does not fit into the latter method of categorization is Blackbeard's darkness. It appears that Logia users transformed with bodies made from intangible elements such as light can still be pushed (as demonstrated when an explosion blasted Kizaru).
However, amongst some Logia fruits there seems to be an order of superiority. Akainu's magma completely overpowered Ace's fire. This left Ace in a state in which no medical aid could possibly hope to save him. This is an example of the danger of placing an inferior Logia against a superior one. Something almost all Logia users seem to share (except for Marshall D. Teach), is that they are not used to getting hit due to being so used to their virtual invincibility, and are visibly shaken when they are harmed, despite their resilience.
Many users of Logia fruits seem to have created their own form of personal transportation and use their abilities to power these devices. Among these are Ace's Striker, a small ship powered by his flame powers, Smoker's Billower Bike, a three wheeled bike powered by his smoke powers, Aokiji's Ao Chari, a bicycle which he uses to cross the sea, freezing a small line in the water to ride on, Enel's Ark Maxim, a ship which uses gold as a conductor for Enel's electric ability to power the ship and a Flying Gas Balloon which uses Caesar's gas ability to levitate.
List of Known Logia Fruits
- Moku Moku no Mi (English Versions: Smoke-Smoke Fruit/Plume-Plume Fruit): Element of smoke.
- Mera Mera no Mi (English Versions: Flare-Flare Fruit/Flame-Flame Fruit): Element of fire.
- Suna Suna no Mi (English Versions: Sand-Sand Fruit): Element of sand.
- Goro Goro no Mi (English Versions: Rumble-Rumble Fruit): Element of lightning.
- Hie Hie no Mi (English Versions: Chilly-Chilly Fruit/Ice-Ice Fruit): Element of ice.
- Yami Yami no Mi (English Versions: Dark-Dark Fruit): Element of darkness.
- Pika Pika no Mi (English Versions: Glint-Glint Fruit): Element of light.
- Magu Magu no Mi (English Versions: Magma-Magma Fruit): Element of magma.
- Numa Numa no Mi (English Versions: Swamp-Swamp Fruit): Element of swamp.
- Gasu Gasu no Mi (English Versions: Gas-Gas Fruit): Element of gas.
- Yuki Yuki no Mi (English Versions: Snow-Snow Fruit): Element of snow.
- Beta Beta no Mi (English Versions: Stick-Stick Fruit): Element of mucus.